How do i complain about this?

I have carried this 2nd pregnancy tottally differant from the last pregnancy ,

I have gained 40 lbs i like my baby fat,

not anymore,..i dont like how it makes me feel when i get shunned about how big i am I want to know how to complain about the lab i have to go to , Ever since i have been pregnant * 8 mo.* I have came acrossed this woman in the lab whom works there alone, i have heard her talk behind my back on how big i was for just carrying one child and this was to other people who were there for blood draws, they looked at me and things, like i was a big fat cow or somthing,

Con- Below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Talk to her superior! Of all the times to make someone feel bad, pregnancy is hard enough!

I doubt your husband feels that way, you're carrying his baby! Make sure he knows how much this woman has hurt you, though, he may try extra hard to counteract her evil!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i dont understand this woman because she is my size now and not pregnant she could be even a bit bigger than me, and i have to go in for blood for high blood pressure and i really dont want to go i leave there feeling ashamed, and i could seriously cry i have been thinking about this for 2 days fearing the blood draw, she will say WOW YOUR BIG! talk behind my back, so i have not only her i have others looking at me too, i know one woman did get angry once, because i heard her say your bigger than her, and she got angry when it was my turn, and just kept putting me down. talking loudly so others can here she couldnt beleive how BIG i was

So now i really feel like crap...I have no SELF confidence, at all, ....i feel ugly
    and if i feel this way i know hubby must feel it too right?
    i dont even want him to touch me lately....i feel horrid,
    Anonymous

• you have gained 40 pounds and people are talking about how much you have gained????thats wierd
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Wow, let me make sure I understand this correctly. She, a medical professional, discussed your weight and size in relation to your pregnancy with other patients? I'm floored. Totally inappropriate. You should simply call the lab and ask who you need to talk to in order to discuss a problem with an employee. There must be someone who manages the lab staff.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• No...Their talking about how BIG i am, baby bump wise and bascially thinking im a big fat cow,

I was 178 when i started, so add it up...im not small, maybe i do need to crawl under a friggin rock, until i pop this baby
    Anonymous

• You two....Katie and Blue..you have brought me to tears,....i have been holding this in..for along time!! ...at least i know its not me..and it isnt right...hugs hugs :*(
    Anonymous

• You make your complaints to the lab manager.

If the is the one drawing your blood, when you go in and see the receptionist you ask that someone else do it. I find it hard to believe that she is there alone...generally there is a CLS in the back (the one running the tests) and they are more than qualified to draw blood as well.

This woman's behavior is unacceptable, and aside from personal reasons, no medical professional is allowed to speak to a patient about another patient.

If none of this has helped you, ask your doctor to recommend a different lab for you to go to for the remainder of your pregnancy, and if he refuses, inform him you refuse to go back there.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Actually it probably doesn't bother your DH at all. Men don't think like us, my DH seems to think all the weight I gained so far is sexy and I'm NOT small. I would talk to her supervisor or who ever is in charge of the office. I wouldn't stand for someone I didn't even know putting me down like that, especially if she's bigger than you and not pregnant! If you're feeling down about yourself maybe you should talk to your DH and ask him. You may just be surprised!
    sarah3-CO

Answer by sarah3-CO at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would just go in there and let her say her stuff and then say right back to her yea iv defintaly put on some baby weight.... O and when are you due??? LOL i bet she wont say much after that!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• * In this Lab..there are Doctor offices* My OB is not there ...its just where the lab is ..its connected its more so like a Medical Plaza, I never see anyone in there but herself. i know it is ran by Mclaren * the hospital ....do i start there?
    Anonymous