how far should your kids be in age before you decide to have another

DamiensMom0613

Asked by DamiensMom0613 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think thats one of those things that only you and your spouse can truly answer. My son and baby number two which is on the way will be 7 and half years apart. alittle to far i think but once again i think its one of those things that are up to you.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Mine (i dont think are ideal but) mine are 17m and then 12m apart. I think 2yrs is the best. Thats what my sisters are they are 7-5-3.
    Anonymous

• Our daughter will be 3 when we start trying for another baby.
    firefightersgal

Answer by firefightersgal at 4:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My son is two months old, and I plan to breastfeed him for a year. Only when I've stopped that would I consider having another baby try to grow off my body...my rule is one at a time. :) I also want to build up our financial stockpile so I don't have to worry about bills, should we have some kind of emergency (bed rest, needing more time off afterwards, extra hospital bills, etc). Things worked so great for this baby, I want to be able to do the next one the same way. :)

Some people try to have their first one out of diapers by the time they have another, some want them to be super close in age...depends on what you really want and what you can realistically manage. I think a lot of people put too much emphasis on having them two years apart (for example) and really can't take care of them as well as they should...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• that's personal preference. No one can tell you how far apart they should be.

I have a 9 year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 16 month old.
    Anonymous

• whatever you feel is good for you and ur hubby. My mom had 4 kids and were all 2 years apart. I have two daughters myself now and i got pregnant with my second baby 5months after i had my first. Im now preggo with my 3rd and my youngest now is 3.
    Anonymous