does this sound like a good idea?

so im tring to plan my secound child my dd is three years old is this the time to try or should i wait..what was your experince with two children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is very individual. IMO you should start because keep in mind it will take few months to get pregnant and then you are pregnant for almost a year at this point making your kids close to or a little over 4 years apart. I personally wouldn't want more than 5 years between my kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you think it's right for you, then go for it!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 3:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• but that i waited so long was that the right thing to do? idk im still thinking about it..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my kids are 19m apart to the day. we always say if we had it to do over we'd like them a little bit closer even. every body and family is different. a lot of people are NOT ok w/ potty training back to back, etc. whatever you feel safe and confidant in your abilities and preferences is the right choice for you

my kids are currently 6 and 4 1/2. we plan to start TTC #3 within the next couple months or so. I assume I'll be pregnant (hopefully very!!!) in sept. when kids enter 1st grade and kindegarten.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i did the same thing i have three girls. just remember two things:
    1 your hubby is going to always say this was you're idea!
    2 every child is different, if your first was quiet and laid back, this one will keep you running.
    good luck on it. my middle one is three years younger than my first and two years older than my last.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• well, there is certainly nothing wrong with it! If you want a second child then do it! (no pun intended) There are benefits to having kids close together AND further apart. a major plus of having them further apart is that the older one is old enough to help, adjust quicker and possibly be in school (at least part time) giving you good quality one on one time with the new baby.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Its totally your decision on how close you want them. I, personally had mine 2 1/2 years apart and its tough now but I think as they get older it will definitely get easier. But my situation is different...
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my girls are 18 mths apart. i wanted 2 and quick lol.it depands on you love i would say go for it..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a 4 yr old and I'm pregnant now, it works best for us
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• go ahead if its best for you!
    janeosborne

Answer by janeosborne at 9:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010