Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

If you had been married for 19 yrs and your DH said he wasnt in love with you anymore and moved out? He hasn't mentioned divorce once. But he won't talk to me, answer my calls, or my texts. Won't give me any money either. It has been 3 months.

Answer Question

Asked by seeshell59 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • File for divorce first. Then that way you will most likley get what you want. I'd give up on him and move on. He sounds selfish and that's sad. Good luck !!

    Answer by Ann7227 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • I'd file for divorce...I would have said give him time, but if its been three months I would just do it and be done. i know its easy said then done, but Good Luck!

    Answer by barefootbchbum at 8:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • you need to talk to him about divorce. Tell him that you want a divorce because you deserve to be with someone who you love, and who loves you. This is unfair, I know, but you really are worth more than that.

    Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • File for divorce (or at least a legal separation) on the grounds that you have been abandoned (which you have). Unless he's going through some kind of medical or psychological thing, I can't think of what's to hold on to.

    Answer by niseylee at 9:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • Well obviously he is being a coward to not confront the issue at hand with you whether its he doesnt feel the same or theres someone else. Men seem to feel like running is the only option, being hurt is the obvious emotion but then again who wants a man that would do that to them. Obviously if your income is his income you have to get help and clearly state your husband abandoned you its great for the divorce when you arrive to that part of your life. Public assistance can also be a solution if your desperate for income.

    Answer by tainabxpr22 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • I guess divorce, but I am so sorry. 19 years is a long time and how rude of him to not at least give you some answers after all that time. There must be someone else..?

    Personally, and since this isn't me I am sure it's much easier saying this, but I would never want to force anyone to stay w/ me. Let him go (maybe a little kick in the ass next time you see him would be advisable also!).

    Answer by Ladiesusan1 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • anybreak up his hard... I jsut lost out on love pushed it hard and lost a friend. I am sorry...

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

  • Clearly you are in need of getting things going for a legal separation if he should be paying things and isn't. You can at least get that set up even if you aren't going to file for divorce at this time. If you think he might be running up debt in the meantime you can have that addressed to so that doesn't fall back on you. You need papers drawn for a temporary support order. Good luck

    Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • Poor thing dear god are you alright? That's so wrong. File now and figure his feelings out later. That is a long time to be married ,I have been 22 years.
    Please if you just wanna talk, friend or vent add me to invite Hang in there hun it will be ok no matter, time heals all.

    Answer by rosetoes at 1:59 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

  • sounds kinda like he has a woman on the side. if he is not trying to talk to u then it might be that he is trying to figure out a way to say he wants a divorce. im sorry hes being such a butt.

    Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.