• In the Spotlight:

A question for the moms whose partner has been involved in an emmotional affair?

What is the first thing you deal with when you found out he was talking to somebody else? if you give him another change how was that? and If you decided to move on without him what was the first thing you did to get over him.

Just want to hear your story about your situation. Thank you for sharing!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine was having a full blown affair, not just emotional. I really feel that the emotional hurts the worst about it. He was texting her constantly. I am lucky if he calls me 1 time a day. Where he was texting her all through work, when he went to pick up the kids at school, if we went somewhere and I got out of the car to go in somewhere for a minute. He never did that for me but apparently she is all he could think about. I am giving him another chance, I know I feel really stupid. It was a 12 year younger coworker where he still works. It is not easy but we have kids and do not believe that he has ever done it before. If I didn't have kids I would be gone, they are my glue right now. I have ok days and I have horrible, gut wrenching days. It has been 2 weeks since I found out. I hope it gets better, if it doesn't then I will at least have time to get my finances in order so I can leave. Good luck, message me if you want!
    Anonymous

• My first experience with this went completely different than the second.... yep... I'm just that lucky to have two men do this to me. Lol. Although I do feel that the root cause for the second one to do it was due to me pushing him away a bit.

ANYHOW, the first one was the father of my first child. I noticed he was talking about one particular girl at work a lot. Nticed they took their breaks together, etc. I flat out told him I knew what was going on and for him to hit the bricks. He did and we are both better for it. They are actually married now too, so I think it turned out great personally. I got over him by simply moving on. I moved on with being a mom and if I had an interest in a guy I showed it. I dated and I made myself be happy with not being treated like a peice of trash that can be tossed out on a whim. :)

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 6:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hey anon.... she can't message you..... :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The second time it hapened it was with my current SO. As I said I think I pushed him away a bit, but we are both to blame also. I saw he was IMing the same girl a LOT. He told her things he didn't tell me. When I said something to him about it his answer was that she was his friend, had been there before me and would be there after me if something happened between us. I finally laid it all on the table for him and told him either he would commit to me and only me or he would hit the bricks. (I don't play those games.) He chose to work on our relationship thankfully and stopped IMing her so much and saw things from my point of view. We are still together almost two years later and have a beautiful baby boy and are very happy. :)
    Memigen

• @Anon, I wish I can message you but there is not way I know who you are. But thank you for sharing your story.

@Memigen, Thank you so much for sharing, I can't said I don't know what I am going to do because I am going to leave him. We have two beautiful children and he seems to go in a different direction. I already gave him 2 chances to shape up and take care of his business with her but apparently he thinks I am stupid because he is receiving call from private and I know they are from her because he NEVER used to answer calls like that and know he talks at least 5 min every time. I am working in leaving him in 2 weeks, hopefully I will have everything ready. I am really depressed but he CAN'T play with me, I won't allow it. I am also really scared that in a few months he will realize what he did and he might try to work it out and because I love him and I have children with him i will take him back. I'm terrified about it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• bump
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010