Jesus

What religions recognize Jesus in some way (obviously I know Christianity, but what other ones), and in what way do they recognize him?
What is your view of Jesus?

Armonia

Asked by Armonia at 3:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Buddhists and Muslims believe him to have been a prophet...if I recall correctly.

I believe he was a good man trying to make good changes in a corrupt world and it ended badly for him cuz the powers that were wanted to set an example of what happens when you "rebel" against them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Most Hindus recognize and revere the Christ as a prophet/avatar of God. However, he is not viewed as our "savior" who died for our "Sins" (which for us is our bad karma we really do not believe in "sin" in the same sense that most Christians do). He was simply one of many prophets/avatars of God who have walked among man during different periods of human history. These prophets/avatars have come to man during times of extreme strife, times when the masses suffered unjustly, and when man needed another guide/teacher in regards to divinity.

This is also pretty much my personal view. The Christ was one of many, and there is still 1 more to come (incarnation of Vishnu at the end of Kali-Yuga). He was a prophet of God, and I respect him as such. He is not God, he is not the Son of God, he was an enlightened being much like Prince Siddhartha and others before him.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Buddhists, Hindus, Baha'i, Muslims, maybe others I'm forgetting...

I think he was likely a wise, enlightened, compassionate MAN. I think many of his teachings parallel very well with other teachings around the world, but the message has been changed from his original intentions IMO.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Christ as the Son of God - none. That is unique to Christianity. Most of the main world religions recognize that Jesus existed and was a moral teacher.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Judaism, Islam, and Buddhists and Hindus, recognize the man of Jesus as a prophet and a teacher.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I do not believe a person named Jesus, as the son of a deity, actually existed... now, I will not say that a man named Jesus, who traveled as a teacher did not exist.. but, as a prophet or deity.. no.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Great answer Pixie ... that makes so much sense. I really like the way you put that.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I believe in Jesus like I believe in King Arthur:

MAYBE such a flesh-and-blood human man existed...maybe he did not. Not important. What IS important is all the myths, legends, stories, and tales written about him and the lessons we can learn from them.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My view of Jesus:

He was one man amongst many christs.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:15 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My view of Jesus is that He is awsome. He is my hope and my refuge and my calm in the storm. He loves me and I love Him. I thank Him for all that He does for me .. because I am definately very blessed!!
    TPPK

Answer by TPPK at 7:24 AM on Dec. 30, 2010