Since youv been pregnant Have you gone into debt with dr bills and still had insurance?

When your pregnant your bills skyrocket. I have insurance but it only pays a percentage. i tried to apply for medicade but they denied me just because I have insurance. I was wondering has this happened to anyone else in the same boat and how are you resolving it?And also if you are working trying to make it they won't help you but if you quit work and don't try an pay anything then they will wtf? But people that just pop out kids can live on the system and those of use who try an make it honestly have a harder time.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my first I didnt have insurance bu I did have thousands saved up for a rainy day but since my insurance canceled on me right when I found out I was pregnant I had to use all my savings on doctors bills to avoid debt
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my 1st pregnancy went well, I had average insurance (medica) and paid my normal co-pays, etc. we planned to pay our 20% of the hospital fee out of our tax refund as we didn't want any debt but did not yet have any savings.

baby came, though and my hospital stay included emergency c-section and 3 follow up surgeries, 10 days in ICU and another 40+ in regular hospital room and the total stay (not including post op care, home nursing, and the 10 additional weeks of dialysis!!!) was 385,000 and change. NOT including the follow up care, mind you.... and by the time my son was 9 1/2 months old my infected c section was finally healed and the wound nurses no longer needed to come over every day we were well over 800,000 and filed for bankruptcy lickity split. ... the moral is you NEVER know what is going to happen. ever.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It sucks to have a insurance that has to be paid and they won't even take care of most of the portion.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope, and I don't have insurance either. My monthly doctor appointments run about $30 for a visit which is probably what some people pay for their insurance co-pay. My monthly visits include an ultrasound so that's pretty cheap. Also my 4D ultrasounds run about $50 USD (I only plan on doing a couple of these though). Medications are cheap as well. Folic acid supplement and prenatals are maybe $10 a month (I stopped taking folic acid my 2nd trimester so maybe $7 for the prenatal vits). I get just as good if not better care here than I did in the U.S. with my last two pregnancies.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It is extremely messed up... I hate your having to go into dept :( Do you work full time? Sometimes if you work part time and if you didnt have your insurance they could pay medicaid...
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010