do you believe in euthanasia?

in your opinion is it right or not?

san78

Asked by san78 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Having a mother who is critically ill and in constant pain yes I believe in it. I feel with proper procedures, (Such as the decision being made with a sound mine) second and third opinions on the severity of the condition and when the person is considered 'suffering' and closely monitored use of the idea it should be allowed. It is pathetic we can allow our dog to die with dignity but not our own Mothers and Fathers.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If a dog is sick and suffering we say it is humane to put him to sleep yet we make people suffer terribly through their illness. I find that strange don't you?
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I believe in it and don't think it's wrong. If someone is suffering and dying anyways why make them suffer a lot longer? Let them die when they want to,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If we can put our animals down in a dignified way, why not our relatives??? I don't disagree with it at all. I've had a family member SUFFER terminal illness. I REALLY don't disagree with it, and think it should be an option.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• as in for like terribly ill persons? putting them out of their misery? if thats what u mean I do believe in it but there would need to be a STRICT code of ethics to adhere to.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Also having a mother who was terminally ill for years and years, I fully support it. She even told me that, while the decision was not right for her, she would totally see why someone else would want to end their life if they were in as much pain as she was. She suffered right up to the very end. I also had to watch my father suffer a very slow, painful death. It is awful.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 3:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• As with everything else; I think that is an intensely personal decision one should make with their Dr and then discuss with their family. No one should be made to languish in pain & agony against their will.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I believe that child molesters should be euthanized. They can't help themselves... so put them out of their misery rather than continuing to try and reform them and endangering our children.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• t is pathetic we can allow our dog to die with dignity but not our own Mothers and Fathers.--

AMEN!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When it is the patient's choice, when they have made the advanced decision, when they are in so much pain that they have no life, just suffering, yes. Or when the patient is being kept alive by machines, and is basically brain dead, yes. I know of two cases, personally, where it was done, and I do not think it was wrong. The families were being bankrupted, and there was no hope of the patient ever being conscious.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010