I don't understand the "pro-choice" stance...

Why don't you stop sugarcoating it and say it for what it is... "I am pro-abortion if the situation warrants it".

Doe it matter whose doing the actual killing of the unborn?  Choosing the squirrelly position of "pro-choice" just means YOU don't want the condemnation of doing the act, but that there is nothing wrong with the act.

Just can't accept the sentence...lol  Abortion is the termination of a fetus.  If you say a women has the choice to terminate (abort) a child if the pregnant woman chooses then it says you ar PRO (or FOR) abortion if the woman chooses  it.  Goodness the daft women out there.

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Pro-Choice DOES NOT mean pro-abortion. Pro-choice means we support a woman's right to CHOOSE, whether it be to parent, put the baby up for adoption or have an abortion.
    You don't like abortion? DON'T HAVE ONE. But you have NO right to decide what's right for anyone else.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You obviously DON'T get what pro choice means. Let me help you out.

I am pro choice. I am in favor of a woman being able to make her own reproductive choices, whether that choice be to gestate or terminate a pregnancy. I FAVOR HER RIGHT TO CHOOSE, even if I disagree with her decision, or may or may not make such a decision myself. Each individual has the RIGHT to make their OWN medical decisions without government interference.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure what is not to understand.

Pro-Choice simply means this: I believe that every woman must make her own choice in regards to this issue. My choice will not be another woman's, another woman's would not be mine. Each and every woman must (and should always have the right) make their own choice for their own reasons. They must also live with the reprecussions/consequences of that choice (for good or ill). It is not my place to make a choice for another woman, I do not live her life, I do not share her thoughts, I do not share her feelings, I do not share her beliefs, I do not share the outcome of her choice. No other woman does those things in regards to me. Since I only live my life, I can only make choices for me. Since every other woman only lives their lives, they must make choices for themselves.

Now tell me. Where in that anywhere did you see the words : "I am pro-abortion. I believe everyone should abort".
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you are willing to accept abortion in the cases of rape and incest.

Then you are Pro-Choice..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• And their point is just because you believe in a womans choice does not mean you believe in abortion... end of story.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Can someone explain to me why we don't have the option to down vote OP?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• And your point is????

Answer by louise2 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am pro- abortion if a woman wants to do that or finds it necessary. I am pro- having as many babies as a woman wants to have, even if she wants 25. I am pro- easy access to sexual education, health care, and the birth control that best fits a woman. I am pro- having a say over your birthing experience and refusing a C-section or induction just because the doc has other plans for the evening. I am pro- having a C-section or induction because it is what a woman thinks is best for her. I am pro- having the necessary resources to make the best decision regarding a woman's pregnancy whether it be keeping a baby, having an abortion, or adoption.
    All of these are linked to choice. I am pro- CHOICE.

Are you ready to admit that you are not really pro-life, but ANTI- choice?
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hey lets all go around saying we are pro birth, pro adoption, pro birth control, etc etc etc. I just wish there was ONE SAYING we could use to describe all the things we favor a woman having the RIGHT TO CHOOSE. Oh there is- PRO CHOICE. :) :) :)

FAVORING THE CHOICE IS NOT ALWAYS FAVORING THE ACT OP. GET A CLUE!!

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• "I am pro-abortion if the situation warrants it". Why can't you all say that?

That's how I feel about it so, if you want to call me pro-abortion go right ahead. But, that is NOT how all people who are pro-choice feel. A person can believe something is morally wrong & not apply thier own morality to the laws that govern others. It doesn't take away from thier morality to apply it only it only to themselves,.

Why can't you understand that?
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010