need healthy smoothie recipes

When I was younger my mom used to make these really tasty smoothies with yogurt, bran, fruit, etc. My hubby got me a blender for Christmas!!!! Yay!!! For some reason I'm scared to death with experimenting on my own haha I'm a wimp. Anyone have some good recipes?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• if you can't think of ideas then check out the library. they have a bunch of books for smoothies. my hubby tosses in fresh fruit, and ice and either milk or fruit juice. we also cheat and go to gordons and got the mixed drinks stuff, there is no booze in it, you just add the fruit to the mix and it tastes so good. above all have fun :)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yoplait, (in the frozen food section) puts out good fruit ones...all you have to do is add the milk!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 4:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I just use low fat plain or vanilla yogurt and frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc and mix them up in the blender. It is delicious!!
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I make one using a ripe banana, some fresh or frozen strawberries, fresh or canned pineapple and some orange juice. You could add some yogurt, but it's really good with just the fruit.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Our standard is frozen banana, frozen blueberries, pomegranate juice, plain greek-style yogurt, maple syrup, ground flax and kale

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yogurt, fruit and some bran. Can't go wrong with that!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:35 AM on Dec. 30, 2010