Help, I'm at the nail salon and they say it is ok to let my nails dry under the rays.

I'm 36 weeks PG.
The blue ray thing that dries your hands and feet (nails)...
This can't possibly be safe! Can it?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 3:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As a nail tech I must say. There are plenty of safe nail services and products for pregnant women and all women to use. Unfortunatley a lot of foreign salons are using products from other countries that aren't regulated, or are banned out here. I am proud to say that I use OPI and CND products, which are safe, and do not contain "cancer causing agents" Going to a full service salon that does nails is less likely to carry harmful products.

As for the lamps, they are no more dangerous than laying out in the sun. Because that's all it is. Condensed UV rays.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You should be fine. It's not like they put your whole body into it. Last I had one it was just your hands and feet.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Those nail dryers are ultraviolet bulbs, they don't omit radiation. You'll be fine!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Those rays give off extremely little radiation. You'll be fine
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Don't worry about it!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You should be good girly!! If worried call your docs office and ask nurse!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 3:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I stayed out of nail salon because of the fumes. That acrylic and acetone has to be worse than the nail dryers. I just did my own glue ons from the store when pregnant. They held up pretty damn good too. They make them in so many styles that look close to salon ones. Look up the ingredients used in most nail salons so you don't think im nuts. Cancer causing toxins is what they are.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Your baby is SO protected in your belly, your hands and feet are soo far away. You will be ok. I got mine done, I am 30wks. My aunt got hers done all the time with all 3 her pregnancies. So you will be fine. :)
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010