My daughter has ashma. and she always smells like her medication, it it normal?

supermommy1983

Asked by supermommy1983 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• You probably have a great sense of smell...Whatever we injest does come through the pours of our skin, in our urine, etc....so it is okay that she smells like her medicine.....but as with every concern, I'd bring it up at her next checkup to see what the doc has to say about it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• How old is your daughter? Do you know what is causing her asthma? Oftentimes it is caused my a food or environmental allergy. I would try to eliminate any suspected allergens so she can lower or cut out her meds.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yeah it can happen I believe.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• That is really strange.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• it can totally happen. everything that goes into our bodies comes out our pores, pee, poo, sweat, etc. everything that we breathe or put on our body goes in. Have you ever noticed that you can tell when people have eaten a lot of curry, onions or garlic recently? its because it seeps out the pores. I agree with one of the previous posters, if it really concerns you, then i would try to remove asthma triggers from your home. I work in the wellness industry and i have seen people be able to get off of daily asthma medications doing it and only have to keep emergency inhalers. I have a file on asthma and allergies and triggers that i would be happy to send over to you if you like? just message me and let me know.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 6:12 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• oh, i should probably add that my e-mail is greenhelp4u@yahoo.com lol. dont worry, im not a sales rep or anything. just a family with a lot of health issues that have been helped by removing toxins instead of adding meds, so i like to help other families when i can.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 6:14 PM on Jan. 4, 2011