If your 5 months pregnant and you lose the baby will you know it?

If your five months pregnant and you were to lose the baby how would you know it. Or how do you know your baby is ok at 21 weeks without feeling movement. Also if something were to happen to the baby would you feel it Iv been stressed alot lately over everything and just worry bout the baby.

babydoll845

Asked by babydoll845 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You would know it if you had a miscarriage at this stage. However if you haven't felt your little one move in a while you might go in and see your doc so they can check for a heart beat. Or you can buy your own monitor for it.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes if you lost your baby you would know because the baby will need to be removed. I lost a baby at 18 weeks and had to have her removed. That's why they have monthly check ups just to look for a heartbeat.
    Don't stress yourself out. As long as your appointments are going great your baby should be fine./
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sometimes it helps to drink something with a little sugar in it like a glass of orange juice then lay down on your left side for a while. A lot of times that will get the baby to moving so u can ease your mind a little.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i lost mine at two months, if you loose a baby, theres alot of blood involved. like the others said, call the doc or you can do what i do when i freak out, go straight to the er and they will help ease your mind. i'm praying everything works out for you.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You don't always know if you have had a miscarriage. I have had 3 and i never bleed or felt anything was wrong. I didn't find out until i went to have an ultrasound. The best thing to do is call your doctor and go in. Sometimes we get stressed and worried over nothing. And sometimes the babies aren't very active at 21wks. Don't stress yourself that will be worse on the baby.
    Kaydenz_Mom

Answer by Kaydenz_Mom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When my friend had a miscarriage at 5 months she actually felt like she was in labor. When the baby came out in the er the nurse quickly wrapped the baby up so it wouldn't upset her. It was awful. If you think something is wrong, get it checked out. I felt my babies move at 5 month, but my torso is so short and I felt everything. Some woman just don't feel much. Don't stress about the movement quite yet. Just see if they can do an ultrsound to make sure baby is ok.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You have to stop stressing! I lost one at 5-6 weeks, you would def. know it!!! It would be a BIG sake coming out... Sounds like you are just going to have a laid back baby. :) Cheer up!!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Or even have them check babies heartbeat via doppler.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you're not feeling your baby moving as much, try increasing how much water you're drinking. Surprisingly, you feel the baby move less if you're dehydrated. Have you determined the location of the placenta? If the placenta is on the front of your uterus, you're not going to feel it move as much.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 7:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010