IYO: What is the best brand laptop, and what is the worst?

I am shopping around for a good laptop for school in January and would like more opinion on best and worse products. I thing right now I'm leaning more toward a Dell Inspiron. Any info is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Kword

Asked by Kword at 3:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Technology

• GET A MAC!!!!!! I had a Dell Inspiron. But like any PC, it will get viruses and slow down and take forever to boot up. I got a Mac 3 years ago and it works just as well as the day I bought it. Do yourself a favor and GET A MAC!!!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• hp is by far the best. sony and dell are the worst
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have Toshiba and worst idk I haven't had any problems.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• IMO, Mac's are the best. Worst, Acer brand. My daughter had an Acer netbook and that thing took a crap not even a year later. No reason. Never downloaded anything on it, good anti-virus, she basically used it for nick jr and disney.com websites. Now that I have a Mac I don't have any of the issues I ever had with a PC.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Best is a Mac!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think Toshiba is the best brand but I haven't tried Mac. I hate Acer and Dell..
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 3:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Totally agree. MACs are the best. No viruses. Takes a little while to adjust to the change from other computers. But once you're used to it, they are sooo much better!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The Mac operating system is different, and will take some getting used to, but in all honestly, it isn't hard to figure out. If you can figure out a PC, you can figure out a Mac no problem. They are a LOT simpler to use, there's no virus problems or adware/spyware and crap like there is with PC's. My only complaint with using a Mac is that iTunes tends to have a new update like every week (but you can choose to not update, it's not really a pain the booty though).
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We have a Toshiba laptop and been good.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have heard a lot of students are using MACs now. I will definitely look into that. Thanks.
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010