I think id really enjoy being a pro life speaker!--my story(:

I have a baby when I was 18 w/ my high school sweetheart. Things turned ugly & his true colors came out when he found out I was pregnant. He and his family scared me into not telling my parents. All my life, I had never agreed w/ abortion. In middle school & high school conversations that is... so i didnt know much about it, nor was I old enough to REALLY get the concept of it all. So my bf & his mom forced me to go try to get a judicial bypass for an abortion, & it was very overwhelming. They threatened me, and of course had me terrified of my own loving, christian family who always supported me. I actually went with him to the court house to try & get one. (a pass for an underaged person to have an abortion, i was 17 when pregnant) I remember sitting there.. & the lady said well hello, do you know what you are really doing here? when she asked that i almost threw up i was so disgusted with myself. I looked right at my bf, walked out and went to my car.

he of course followed me, yelling at me, threatening me, saying he was going to call my mom and tell her if i didnt go back in and what not, but i kept walking.

I told my mom, had my first daughter at the age of 18 over my high school spring break. My parents had me raise her, all myself, of course w/ their help, but i was never out late at nights, never left her over night, never went to parties. i was no longer a child, i was a mother.

it was rough, but it was the best decision of my life to have this child. I know lots of people who have had abortions that do not agree w/ them were stuck in my situation, and just took the other way. it happens all the time. They need POSITIVE help.

i think i could be that positive help! i now am pregnant w/ my third child, and married to a wonderful man! Things really can work out!

(this isnt directed for those who agree w/ abortion & will argue about abortion being okay to them, that is totally fine.. but is not what this post is for!!,..its for those who feel abortion is the only way out, not just an option)

for my question,

Do you think taking a stand on something like this would really help others? Or just add to the crazy abortion talk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What a beautiful, uplifting testimony you have! Thank God you choose to give your child life, instead of folding to a bully and his bully parents, and taking that precious little one's life. I know she is a blessing to you. My daughter had my 1st granddaughter when she was 19. She was unmarried, and we let her and the baby live here, but made it clear, as did your parents that the baby was her responsibility. She worked, finished high school, and took care of her daughter, who will be 5 in March. My daughter is now married to a wonderful man,and has another little girl. It CAN and DOES work out,but we have to let God be in control, trust Him for His Will,and mainly, do what's right by the little one. God bless you, and I pray you are able to be that motivational speaker, and the voice many really do need to hear.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I say go for it! Glad you over came everything. I wish I was able to escape when I was pregnant at 17 with my high school boyfriend. I didnt run fast enough and lost her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a pro life story too. I was happily married with a two year old little boy who is the light of my life. I was raped and ended up pregnant. I have always hated the idea of abortion but didn't know what to do. I seperated from my husband and started to deal with the pain. I ended up having a beautiful little girl and she now lives with her adoptive family in colorado. She is healthy, beautiful, smart, and brings so much joy to her adoptive family. It was by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, but I am so very glad I did what I did. It was not her fault that her birth father was who he was, and she deserved to live! Since then, I have had my third child who is a joy. My children's father are currently going thru a divorce, because he could never deal with the fact that I was raped. My children and I are happy and healthy and we are going to colorado this summer to visit their sister.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• So if this isn't a question, why don't you just journal about it? You will have people commenting on abortion, because that's what your post is about. Kinda comes with the territory. Everyone's life is different. We never truly know what goes on until we walk a mile in their shoes. I'm not for abortion, I think it's terrible. But I have also never been without a supportive family, food, a job, etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You just said you had a loving Christian family. How do you know EXACTLY how it feels to have no family or friends? Really?
    No offense, I was a teen mom at 16.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've never had or will ever have an abortion, but I just wanted to say I am happy that your story ended so well and that you got to experience your daughter. :)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• :) Gotcha

Good for you for being responsible.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• parajumper, your story brought tears to my eyes. You are a strong, wonderful woman, and such a great mom, to all your children! God bless you. OP, what day in March is your daughter's. Jaycie will be 5 on March 8th.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• And to answer your question, sharing your story always helps others. There are so many people in the same situation and they don't know what to do or where to turn. Whatever someone decides for themselves is always a tough decision. Child birth in the right circumstances can be difficult. But some young women think abortion is the only answer, but there is also adoption, and of course the choice of raising the baby yourself. Either way, it is a difficult decision.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I honestly believe I would be the better to talk about it. I had no family or friend support. My parents told me to leave when I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant. They said get an abortion or move. So I moved. I fought hard just to find a ride to my doctors, the grocery store, and school. Can you imagine being on bedrest but having to walk 2 miles to the store when you are 8 months pregnant to pay for milk with change you found and you couldn't eat because milk was all you could afford? I have been there. My daughter is now 7 and we are doing great because I fought and worked hard with no support. I think you should totally be a speaker if that is how you feel but it is not encouraging to hear about your story when most pregnant teens (who would turn to abortion) have no support and get kicked out.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010