Shall I dare and let my dd go to bed without a diaper on? How did you go about dry nights with your children?

She's three years old and fully potty trained during the day. She wears an, what we call, an oopsie-diaper (lol) during the night. Last three night she's been dry. Shall I try and let her go to bed without one or is it too early? Actually there's no harm. If she stays dry okay, if she pees it saves us a lot of trouble
I'm just so proud of my bog girl, but I don't want to push her. Plus it is COLD at night now. Brrrr .... If she wets the bed and we sleep through it .... really cold. Maybe even bladder infection. Thta's not worth it, is it?
How did it go with your children?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would wait a little bit longer. Waking up in soaked sheets can be a little traumatizing for some kids. She is still a bit young but congrats on the great job done potty training her!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would wait a few more days.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would wait.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I always waited till they could go two weeks with out accidents. But if they don't want to. We respect that and will let them. I just make sure we have the water proof sheet on there bed. Good luck!
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If she wets she will probably wake up.

I took my daughter to the store and let her pick out some underwear she liked. Her wearing them made her conscious about potty-ing.

I made her go to the bathroom before bed and didn't give her any water after that.

Good luck!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• great sign she was dry! maybe give it a few more tries. if she stays dry then yes try underpants
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• id give it a go if she happens to wet the bed im sure she would wake up and if she seems upset about it just explain accidents happen and we just have to keep trying and learning. You could try just pull ups at night if your actually using a diaper at night switch to pull ups.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think I had said once she was dry for 14 straight days, we'd stop the pull ups, but ultimately, it ended up happening by accident. My SIL was babysitting for us one night, and forgot to put the pull up on her before bed. Around 2pm the next day, we discovered the pull up I'd left out for her on the floor in the kids bedroom under a stuffed animal. DD saw it and realized that she'd slept without one and stayed dry. So we just kept it up from there. That was on Halloween, and I'd say she's had between 5-8 accidents since then, but no biggie to me.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would wait.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010