I'm pregnant with my second child and i'm losing weight. Is it normal to lose weight while your pregnant?

A month ago i went to the doctor for a check up and i was 162 pounds now i'm 149 pounds. I didn't lose weight with my first child is it normal for me to lose weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did - I lost 15 pounds in the first 4 months - then only gained maybe a pound or 2 until I hit 7 months, then slowly started gaining until my delivery -
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• We need some more details...like how far along you are, and if you've had bad morning sickness. A lot of women lose weight in the beginning, and that's perfectly ok...but only your doctor can help you decide what's right for you!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I lost weight my whole pregnancy. And my dr. said as long as the baby is still growing, and it's healthy there is no concern. But of course talk to your doctor about it.
    cinzamama

Answer by cinzamama at 4:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• if your within your first tri mester and have had morningsickness then yeah its ok your loosing a bit of weight. I was really sick with this pregnancy the first 3months. i started out at 127 and went down to 117 with in 4weeks. Im slowly putting it back on now.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I'm 7 1/2 m and i havent gained a pound in 3m i have lost 5.
    Anonymous

• sorry but yes its ok alot of people do in their first trimester.
    Anonymous

• How is baby measuring? I'm sure your doctor would tell you if you needed to be concerned...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008