Any advice how to get off xylometazoline? It's the stuff in nose spray and the only way I can breath properly?

I think I'm kinda hooked by now, because I really need it. At least during the night to breath properly and get a decent night of sleep. Are there any long term affects? How can I stop it?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Here's a link I found with some info...Livestrong.com...xylometazoline side effects

I've never been "hooked" on that, but you definitely need to stop taking it...try a saline nasal spray...see your doctor...

the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 4:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I used to do the same thing and I just had to stop cold turkey. After using it a while (3 years), it really started to agitate my sinuses and I always thought I had a sinus infection.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I actually had to see an ear, nose and throat doctor. He put me on a steroid nasal spray and some pills. I suffered for a few days but FINALLY got off of it. I was using it for YEARSSSSSSSSS...... I really feel for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Elise1968

Answer by Elise1968 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010