for you pro life people

I dont want this to turn nasty and if i notice it does i will close the post so be respectfull of others opions and dont get nasty im just woundering.
I my self am pro choice and believe you shouldnt judge someone untill you walk in their shoes but i know lots of pro life people so tell me...
Do you think that people who choose abortion are choosing that as a first choice? Cuz i dont see that being on anyones first choice list. After all i dont trully thinnk anyone is PRO abortion i think its a choice they make based for the best interest of them and the unborn baby. All you pro life people sit their and say ohh give it up for adoption or parent well they clearly cant parent or woundt be considering abortion and you tell me if you carry a baby for 9months could you just hand it over to strangers? I couldnt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• No, it wasn't my first choice. I thought we were having a baby, and it turned really bad, really fast. But I'd never do it again. Ever.
    Anonymous

• Ok, I am 100% pro-life, no exceptions. However, I believe the only people who DO choose abortion as their first choice are the ones who use it as birth control. Most people probably don't choose it first, but may see it as the only way out (which it never is,there is ALWAYS another way). But, that's just my opinion. As for adoption, I've worked in a post-abortion ministry at the church we used to attend, and I can tell you, all the women who went through it said they could most definetly have given their babies to a stranger to raise, rather than deal with the unbearable guilt of taking their baby's life. Not to mention, many adoptions anymore are open,and the birth mother can be as much a part of the child's life as she chooses.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Some I believe it's their first choice but for many it's not an easy decision. I'm sure they think of the pros and cons of every option and do what's bets for them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I believe if you love a baby enough to not be able to give it away after 9 months of pregnancy you should love it enough to choose not to kill it.

This is MY opinion. I would never have an abortion but that's just me. What everybody else does is non of my business.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 4:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I believe it is none of my business what another woman does with her body.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 4:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am not selfish, at all. If I was faced w/ the choice of handing a baby over to "strangers" or paying someone to kill it.... it's an easy choice for me. Very easy.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I feel that adoption is not considered enough. How is it at ALL bad for the baby? It's carried lovingly in your womb and then given a chance at living. The same living you did that caused your egg to be fertilized by someones sperm. Plan B taken properly and PROMPTLY is hugely effective for oops's, laziness, and rapes. After that (assuming you took it, your last chance at selflessness and responsibility!) and you're still pregnant then have some decency.... it's fought long and hard to remain a viable fetus. Let it go to term. if you do not or can not love it someone else will.

There's an abundance of dogs/cats in shelters but if the humane society gets in a pregnant animal they don't abort. i HATE the "the foster system is flooded with kids needed good homes already" line as a baby killing excuse. those are KIDS, who people generally ignore in hopes of landing a baby. maybe yours, if u give it a chance to live.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am not going to judge someone who has had an abortion or are considering an abortion because I am not in their shoes. I do not know what's going on in their life.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My birthmothers family chose abortions as first choice my birthmom told my birthfather she was gonna have an abortion w/me but he begged her not to and asked his parents to raise me
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• So, you couldn't "hand it over to strangers" and give your baby a chance at life, but you could terminate (i.e. kill) your baby? I get that an abortion won't take up as much of your time as a pregnancy, but it sounds like you are choosing based on what's easiest for you and not what's best or fair to your baby. I see adoption as a choice that is in the baby's best interest and abortion is a choice that is more convenient and less complicated for you.

I don't think abortion is the first choice for many who end up going through with it, but it is for some.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010