no luck conceiving :(

me and my fiance have been trying for 7 months but nothings happening... iv had problems with my periods since i was 13 (now 17) do u think this may have affected my fertility and when should i consult a doctor about it ? im really eager for a baby as i love them to bits x

loubie17

Asked by loubie17 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk to a doctor. Rule our medical issues that might prevent you from having a baby. Messed up periods can be remedied with medication. You can take fertility meds. Your husband's sperm count can be checked. You can get an ultrasound to check for cysts on your ovaries or other internal issues. In all actuality though, 7 months may seem like a long time but they usually don't recommend you going the medical route until over a year of not being able to conceive.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm Sorry are you 17 years old? Or did I miss read that?
    Any Fertility Doctor is going to have a hard time treating you at 17?

If you are not 17 I appoligize.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yes i am 17
    loubie17

Comment by loubie17 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh honey you have so much live to live.  If you are having an annual I would speak to your OB/GYN but you are way to young.  Go to college, see the world.  I have a son that is 19 and one that is 16, I had my first baby at 22. 

And, at 22 I had a good job, I was married and owned my own home.  Even now looking back I should have waited. 

Good luck. Talk to your parents.  Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh but you are so young.

christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• iv talked to my parents and family and everything and i know im so young but i dont want to go to college i hated school i cant concentrate on all that learning anymore i do have good gcse results if i want to go in the future and my fiance is 34 so maybe he has the problem i dont know i just spend hours on end crying when my period shows up every month
    loubie17

Comment by loubie17 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well I am at a loss. Honey I could go one for days about your statement. But I won't I am sure you have heard it all before.
    Good Luck.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• thanks
    loubie17

Comment by loubie17 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It's only been 7 months. I tried for almost 15 years. Give it some time. And have fun trying!
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 4:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would wait, this could be your body's way of telling you you're not ready yet. It will happen when it's supposed to. If after a few years it doesn't happen then I would be more concerned. your Dr will do bloodwork tests. I had PCOS and my problem was as easy as a $10 prescription a month. Just wait honey, it will happen.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• *facepalm*
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010