Why do kid's act better in someone elses house than there own?

carisa368

Asked by carisa368 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that is what all parents want to know.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 4:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because they don't know how the other person will react. At home, they know EXACTLY how far they can push Mom/Dad.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• They know where they boundaries are at home, so they know how far to push. They don't know that at other people's houses. But the more they get familiar with other environments and people, the more you'll see it elsewhere, too.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Every kid I know is that way, I watch two kids on a daily basis (3 and 6) and they are perfect here, they mind, they use their please and thank yous, help me clean, eat well. When their parents come they are out of control, they scream, whine, yell, talk back to their parents. ( I rarely tell the parents how well they behave at my house, they pay me extra because they are so 'out of control'. )
    Anonymous

• My daughter is so good at my moms house and is a hellian when I bring her home
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because its fun to watch mom and dad slowly go loco
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• lol @ 4xsthetrouble i agree ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because they do not know how far they can push things in an envirment that is not controled by you.That is also,asI believe why they are better for other people than they are for mommy.Cause if you ever notice when you are not there they are perfect but when you walk in...... well its you know what to pay, I call it the mommy syndrome and most kids suffer from it.
    charley01

Answer by charley01 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 9, 2011