I know this is TERRIBLY RARE but wwyd? (abortion related) adult content

I am pro-life 100% but no agenda for this. Genuinely curious.

If you did have an abortion and it was unsuccessful (either baby came out alive or it didn't work, you were expecting twins, etc) would you keep it or adopt it out? ... if the abortion is botched and the baby is removed w/ a heartbeat or pulse they're required to rush it to a NICU and it's considered a live birth and gets a birth certificate, etc. It does happen, I swear! WWYD?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I know it happens. Have you ever heard of Gianna Jessen? She is an abortion survivor, and her BM put her up for adoption. I'm 100% pro-life, also, so I can't objectively answer your question.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think if I ever tried to kill my baby and it didn't work, my baby would be better off with another family!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 4:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sue the doctor.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 4:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree with mysevenkids!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 4:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think if someone make a decision that she can't raise her baby up it is a big and painful decision. If the baby stays alive the causes are still there why she can't raise her child. Why are you asking these questions anyway? Today is the horror day on CM.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow. I've never heard of that and not sure I wanted to lol. I guess I'd put it up for adoption, after all, if I was having an abortion I obviously didn't want it. But I guess I really can't say what I'd do until I was in that position.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I got my tubes tied, thus effectively "aborting" any future children.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think I would probably have too many emotions to consider keeping the baby---yet there's a part of me that would feel compelled to be the best mother I could, from that point on. Good question.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I really can't answer your question, I would not have put myself in that situation to start with. I do think in that case it would be best for the child to be put up for adoption.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This is the type of question I'd expect to see in the CM Newcomers Club...not on the health section.

mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2010