Why do men sometimes wake up with an erection? adult content

Does this have something to do with dreams or do they have to pee?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a good question! I am 42 and I still don't understand why!! I would imagine dreaming would be the answer because I don't understand what sleeping or peeing has to do with an erection.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't know but I'm glad they do! Morning sex is my favorite!
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sometimes it's caused from pressure on the bladder.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because they need to pee and that makes the penis get hard.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Rapid Eye Movement. Google it :-)
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Men get erections during the night/morning (morning wood..lol) for Maintenance purposes..  The penis is predominately made up of muscle, the flow of blood to that muscle keeps it healthy. If there is issue with the flow of blood to the penis, it can cause harm to the penis itself.  Morning wood is the male body's way of keeping blood flowing into the penis in the manner in which it needs to in order to keep the muscle tissue of the penis healthy.

Sounds strange.. I know.. lol..  However, that is why men get erections in their sleep/have morning wood. The body is keeping the tissue of the penis healthy and functioning properly.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This question made me laugh. My husband received a text the other day explaining why (it was false of course) the top of the text said men and their bed bugs. Why guys wake up with an erection. The bed bugs were tons of little woman. Sounds dumb, but it made us both laugh.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Husband says it is b/c he has to pee
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Having to pee does not cause an erection. Simply because a man can not pee freely (lol) while they have an erection. When the penis is erect, there is actually a flap/valve the cuts off the bladder so urine can not flow through in order for ejaculate to be able to flow through from the testes. That's why it is difficult for a man to pee when he has an erection. Having to pee in the morning is normal and caused by urine being stored in the bladder for many hours while someone is sleeping. Ever watched a man try and pee with a hard on.. LOL.. It can actually be quite an amusing sight.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• IDK but I love a hard penis in the morning!
    honeychicks

Answer by honeychicks at 8:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010