Pro or Anti-vax

which are you and why
Don't try to sway anyones choices and most important BE NICE
NO JUDGEMENTAL NANNY GOATS PLEASE

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Pro. I'm more scared of the diseases than I am of the vaccines themselves. And I think some of the research behind anti-vaxing is a bit misleading.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Pro. I Vaccinated all three of my kids, and they didn't suffer any ill effects, and in fact, a few years ago there was an outbreak at their school of Hep B, and thankfully mine had already been vaxed against it. But, I guess it's up to each parent to do what is right for their kids.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Pro-for all the obvious reasons.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Pro, I just never thought otherwise. They need them to start school, they had no adverse effects.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm pro vax. I've studied microbiology and immunology, so I fully understand how they work, as well as the risks, and I feel very strongly that for the sake of public health, kids should he vaccinated. My son is, and my husband and I are. Sadly, there is so much misinformation, and many parent don't know which resources to trust, and what the truths are, or the risk/benefits side by side. There are always some risks, but most of the time, any side effects or adverse reactions are far less harmful than getting the disease.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am pro educated vaccinator-- I selectively vaccinate Natural immunity is my personal favorite
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 5:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am pro-vax as it is MY personal belief that the vaccines are beneficial and do prevent illness/diseases. I do realize that vaccinating (or not) is a personal choice and I respect other mother's choices (be it vax or not) as they are doing what they feel is best for their child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• pro in general ..... with my future kiddos, though, I'll delay and spread them out more for sure.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I am pro vax, as long as they are delayed & selective. I do believe in vaccinations for my children, but I do not agree with the schedule, nor certain vaccinations (chicken pox & flu vaccines).
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I personally am A pro-vax I believe they are for babys good and that some illnesses could be prevented with them. However I'm not a big fan of the Chicken pox vaccine either.
    mamabeard3

Comment by mamabeard3 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010