im 19 weeks pregnant and 16 years old

and i dnt kno wat 2 do becus my parents arent that helpful but my baby daddy wnts me 2 live with him but if i do my parents might not b there 4 me when i need them so should i just keep living with my parents or move with my baby daddy and his family

ms.mingo

Asked by ms.mingo at 4:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would stay with your parents for now. They may not seem that helpful but a lot of things change when a baby comes, believe me.

If, after the baby comes and, say, 6 months later you still feel that your family is not helpful/supportive, then I would look into your boyfriends house.

Please, say boyfriend and not "baby's daddy" it makes you sound....well, i won't go there, but it doesn't sound good.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Stick with your parents. Trust me, I've been married for 5 years to a wonderful man. I have a 3 year old son and one on the way but my parents are a Godsend. They're always there for me emotionaly and physicaly. Your parents are probably just shocked and hurt that their daughter got pregnant at such a young age. They'll come around and maybe be a huge help to you.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Your parents love you unconditionally! They will more than likely be in shock when you tell them if you haen't already but give them time to adjust. They'll be there for you. Boyfriends, whether their the babies Father or not, come and go. But Parents are there forever! I'm not saying the your BF is a bad guy or anything but you never know what will happen under these circumstances. I would hope for the best with him but prepare for anything. Be brave and stay strong Moma : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 4:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I got pregnant at 16 and had my first child at 17, I personally talked to my parents and then stayed with the father, and we are happy 8 years and 6 kids later, BUT it was hard and if I had the choice to do it again I would probably have stayed with my parents and took it slower with my husband. Because your parents love you unconditionally and have experience of babies so can probably help you alot more. Good luck honey. If you need someone to talk to, just message me, :).
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• What do you think you should do? If it were me, I would stay with my parents because no matter what happens in life, most parents are there thru thick and thin. The babys daddy may want you with him now, but, what happens a couple of years down the road? Thats what you need to think about,not the here and now, but the future and where you see it going.Make sure you finish school no matter what you do, ok, cause that is soooooooo very important.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would stay with my parents for awhile. They may be having trouble with your pregnancy right now, but as you get bigger and closer to giving them a grandchild, they'll probably get better!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008