• In the Spotlight:

Can you explain God without the Bible?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 5:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• no
    MyOpionCounts

Answer by MyOpionCounts at 5:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Of course. There is no requirement that you are literate to appreciate holy things.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i am sure a lot of people can
    ask someone who is non christian
    or before Bible was written, belief in God was wide spread
    so, yes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yes. seeing as the bible is a book of fairy tales and has nothing to do with who God actually is
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Definitely. Actually I more believe in God than in the Bible. Why would anyone need the Bible to explain God? You need the Bible to explain Jesus, or Jews and Christians. But God... God is in your heart and not in the Bible. And not in any religious book. I think religions and religious books caused so many wars and death than I think they are more trouble than actually help. But I keep believe in God. Because I can feel him in my heart. And sometimes I can hear him through my thoughts. And if I see my life I can see his work through on it. And I am really thankful for it. :)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 5:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sure. God isnt bound by the words in the Bible. and there are lots of ppl who believe in God(s) that arent even mentioned in the Bible. personally, i think the Bible is more about explaining what we think God wants from us than what God actually is.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't see God in the Bible. I see man's opinion of what God should be. 

God is the tide crashing onto the shore.
    God is the brightly colored sky at sunset.
    God is the baby's hand reaching for their mom while being fed by her.
    God is the perfect single rose on a bush that is all but dead.
    God is the laugh of a happy child.
    God is the soft breeze that caresses you on a hot summer day. 
    God is the tear of joy shed when he asks you to marry him.

I could go on but I don't have enough space.  

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ask anyone who never read the bible and had an encounter with God... often what they describe is IN the bible... explain that one?
    Children have had this! A good book to read about this is Visions beyond the Veil written about a group of chinese orphans who had encounters with the living God and never knew the bible .... They would describe what they were seeing to the person who rescued them from being forever castaways and these were children who worked until they were useless to the masters and tossed aside in the streets. Each one of them had encounters and would share what they saw heard and were ernestly pray for the lost! Yes they could describe God without using the Word. For Jesus IS the word. There have been stories of people who never read the bible and Jesus would show up and give them a word that would forever change their lives. So yes people can do this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Shane ... is the world coming to an end? I swear it must be because I think I have agreed (voted you up) with you twice today. LOL
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I can. God is everything in the universe- from the most beautiful, wonderful, happy things/feelings to the absolute worst. He is all there is and all there ever will be. Everything on this planet is because of Him, and He can take it away at any second if He so chooses. I don't need a storybook to tell me what my creator is.

A link that further explains my personal religious beliefs: http://moderndeism.com/
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010