• In the Spotlight:

extremely annoyed/pissed off adult content

ever since my husband got out of the army back in march, all he wants to do is smoke weed. at first i didnt mind, it had been 3 or 4 years and i figured he would do it a few times and get it out of his system. well its been 7, almost 8 months and he's still doing it all the time! there are several reasons he shouldn't, main reasons being he's on probation for a whole other thing non-drug related (but they still could test him and he would be in deep shit) and we have NO money for this stuff! last time he bought some, he swore it would be the last time. then he stumbled upon some Christmas money MY AUNT gave him ($20) and called up his guy. i was livid. i told him she gave you that money so you could buy yourself something....not a sack of weed. and he swore THIS would be the last time. then he said "you're really making me feel bad about myself." well you should! im sick of him spending money on it when we could be using it toward something we need or something for the kids. and im sick of being lied to about "this being the last time". idk what to do. i know marijuana isn't that big of a deal but considering we're broke and he's on probation he should not be doing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• we're broke + he's on probation + he lies about it to your face = Yes, a BIG DEAL

do not have answer, but agree with you
    addiction is not something i have fixed in another person
    left my ex because of addiction (not drugs, but addiction still the same)
    addicts, lie to keep doing, their priorities are the addiction first, 2nd , third and then comes themselves, then maybe their family after that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• MyOpionCounts
    your name should be... MyOpinion is flat out rude
    or maybe MyOpinion counts for nothing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Slap that boy upside the head.... he has a wife and kids now. Time to man up and knock it off!
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• do not take it personally
    looked at "her" profile
    it is new and mostly rude nasty answers to questions
    most likelu a bored person, trying to troll around
    you were not only one to get this from "her"

ps
    good luck with husband
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would give him an ultimatum. Its either the weed or his family.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Was he deployed? If so is there a post deployment counselor or anybody to help them. Sorry, I know nothing about the military, but if I'd just come back from Iraq i'd have an addiction too. Lucky it's not heroin.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• In situations like this, you just need to stand up to him, be blunt, and follow through. If he won't quit, lay out some rules.. Only late at night.. Only on the weekend.. And no lying about it.
    Only he can stop this, and if he doesn't want to, you need to figure out what You are going to do about you. I have been through this, and if he doesn't want to change, he won't.
    GL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yea he was deployed....2 years ago. hes had plenty of time to adjust to civilian life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• myopinion"counts"-crawl under a rock and die.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• im not usually a nasty person but when someone is nasty to me for no reason ill give it right back. thank the rest of you for your decent and helpful answers.
    Anonymous