Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a "Group Mod"?

Answer Question

Asked by Mommy_A. at 5:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Someone who moderates the group. Kinda like the Hall monitor.

    Answer by genagina at 5:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

  • Actually a group "mod" is a group member that CM has asked to help out with keeping conversations flowing in a CafeMom owned group. They are asked to make new posts and to reply to other posts so no one gets left out. They do not enforce group rules or have any say in how the group is run.

    Member owned groups may use the title for the reason listed in the PP, but it is group specific. Generally someone who holds the "hall monitor" job is the group owner or a group admin.

    Answer by Liansmommie at 3:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

  • Someone that's placed in charge to oversee the group and to make sure things are running smoothly.


    Answer by musicmom08 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.