to punish the hubby from the dishes? or to do "my duties" lol..

i've been told by my doctor to lay and rest as much as possible this past week, due to some complications w/ my pregnancy. nothing too severe to put me on bed rest yet, but def. not supposed to be up running around like shopping. I am a stay at home mom, two little girls I have to take care of & all that, so of course resting is slim. the dishes have piled up the last few days, since its been taking all my effort just to keep the livingroom clean. I asked my hubby to please help me out and load the dish washer when i was on my way to bed, and put the girls to bed.. (it needs about 2 loads now, they are everywhere!!) & he said he would.. but never did. he stayed up and played video games all night.
this morning i asked if he could help me out and do the dishes bc i have been sick today, and he said yes. but he sat online, left me a mess of his stuff to clean up, and went to work.

should i just do the dishes? Or leave them for him to do? I cannot believe he hasnt helped out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• hide the mouse or keyboard and also his game controllers. let him know in a less polite way you require some extra help right now before he has his "me" time.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you have the energy I would do them. Then just give him a version of the silent treatment. Only talk to him when he asks you a direct question and just all around let him know you're not happy about it. If you do it right it will get to him and then next time you ask him to do something he won't hesitate.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree... hide the mouse until this guy realizes he has a wife and kids to take care of. You're supposed to be on bed rest... that means every job in the house is his until you're up and running. Have a little talk with Peter Pan, then go back to bed.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 5:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• another option is leave him a text or voicemail saying unless you're planning on helping w/ the dishes like u promised please stop by walmart after work and buy some disposable stuff.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Definitely buy some paper plates so you don't have to worry about the dishes. I would just unplug the computer from the router. Then I would just say sorry the internet is out. Maybe you could do the dishes for me now. I wouldn't play games like giving him the silent treatment. Men never get it anyway. Just tell him that you are getting upset that he can't help you out more. Do it now. It will only be worse when you have another little one to take care of.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 5:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010