have u bought a tear free product that turned out to be anything but?

Santa left us some bath paints that burn like fire.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• For Christmas my kids got dora and spongebob bubbly bath in their stockings... On the bottle it says"tear free" "hypoallergenic" "pediatritian and dermatologist tested" And my daughter broke out everywhere... I wasnt about to test the tear free part when it clearly wasnt hypo allergenic
    RockerMomToTwo

Answer by RockerMomToTwo at 4:56 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• It's funny you should bring this up- my 8 y/o dau was showering w/ her Suave tear-free shampoo & body wash & said that "they lied", when she got some in her eye & it burned. I dont know if any product is truly tear free- maybe just not as harmful as the other products.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes. I called the company and they gave me tons of free coupons for other products. Actual "free bottle of tide" type coupons. It was great! I never did buy that shampoo again.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hmm not sure. I only use Johnson & Johnsons
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:40 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I think my son had some shampoo or smething that was supposed to be tearless and wasn't.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• lol. actually, this awful. but did you know that the reason that things are considered "tear free" in MOST products (including johnsons) is not because of a lack of chemicals or irritants, its because they add lidocain to them to make it numb the eyes. Lidocain in a topical numbing agent, similar to the novacain that they use to numb your mouth at the dentist. it doesnt have to be on the label because it isnt considered an "active" ingredient since it doesnt play a part in washing the hair. Or they just use the scientific name for it for you would never know. i know, gross right? finding that out and finding out that baby shampoos have formaldehyde in them (the stuff they use to embalm dead bodies) pushed me to the green side! lol.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 6:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2011