How to publicly apologize

Have you seen this?

Go here, please

cleanaturalady

Asked by cleanaturalady at 6:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry for the duplication in the religion and beliefs section. I meant to actually post here.
    cleanaturalady

Comment by cleanaturalady (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No need for that. In this section we all get pretty heated. It doesn't make you or I or anyone else less human.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Be sincere first, be careful that you are not being set up, and do it.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 7:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You have never offended me that I know of, and I can't remember ever seeing you be rude. That was beautifully written. I could have written that, speaking for myself.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:13 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• As someone who inadvertantly--or sometimes on purpose--offends people by being honest and, I admit, mouthy I believe in good manners, but not in apologies. Homey tells it like she sees it. I have given up apologising for who I am. I apologise if I accidently step on someone's feet, or bump them in the store aisle or the like, but I no longer try to be friends with everybody, nor do I apologise for being myself. They either "get" me, or they don't. I have a thicker skin after 60 years on the planet. Maybe experience helps. Maybe that's what Kim needs. It's literally impossible to make everybody happy. After a while of trying to do that, you tend to start losing your true self. And it isn't worth it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I understand what you are saying witchqueen. That is one reason I wrote in the journal that i won't be giving up my sarcasm completely. That is who I am. I don't think it should be used to wound people though, so I will not to that if I can help it. As for other arguments, I think for me, walking away is the best tactic. Because if I allow myself to get sucked in, I will say something I regret. In a battle of rhetoric, I can go head to head with just about anyone and dig my heels in stubbornly. The argument (for me) becomes not about the original subject, but about how I can best my opponent with words. Even though that is who I am, I don't like that part of myself, and I want to tweak it, and use it in a good way. As for being friends with everyone? Ppfftt, I gave that up a long time ago. Sensitive is also who I am, so I won't apologize for that. A thick skin is sometimes overrated IMO.

cleanaturalady

Comment by cleanaturalady (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Dang. I still had this posted in the Religion and Beliefs section - twice! I have now moved it to P&CE. Sorry 'bout that.
    cleanaturalady

Comment by cleanaturalady (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• You'd be surprised at how many times I actually HOLD BACK from saying what I REALLY want to say! My tongue is sharper and more cutting than anyone here knows. But I have to pick my battles in life, as do you. Be true to yourself. A sharp wit is a good defense, but sometimes we don't have all of the information when we make our observations.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• It is a good defense, I agree witchqueen, I just didn't fully understand how many people didn't appreciate or recognize sarcasm until recently.

Eh, live and learn, I suppose.
    cleanaturalady

Comment by cleanaturalady (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2010