Is it ok for a single mom to have alone time wile kids are awake?

Just want some other mom's oppions. I know many many mom's do it but is it really ok for a single mom to have alone time for an hour or two everyday while the kids are awake and kids are to leave mom undisturbed? I am talking about young children ages 5 and under.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Though we all want it its not something thats always possible. I can see every now and then but everyday is kind of hard when theyre not in school
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sure. i have alot of alone time when she is awake. she plays by herself or watches tv.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 2 hours is alot of time that I would prefer to spend with my kids if they're at home. They will be grown too soon - spend time with them NOW!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No! There are 3 million things they could get into and a 5 year old should not be watching a younger sibling!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can have alone time without having to tell them "they are not to disturb mommy". Because they might get into trouble and you wouldn't notice since they might not disturb you until your alone time is over.
    You can have them play in their rooms for a while or put a movie on for them to watch while you're in the next room listening to them or checking on them every few minutes.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• while i am not a single mom, when my hubby was deployed it was just me here with them, so during this past summer when i had all 4 home all day, i would put on a movie for them, give them some snacks and i would sit on the recliner and read or just rest, i was still in the room with them, but they didnt bother me. otherwise i would send them to hourly or wait till they are sleep.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh God No! There are 3 million things they could get into and a 5 year old should not be watching a younger sibling!
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• MTM did you copy me? lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010