Which E-Reader do you have and what do you like about it?

I am hoping to get an E-Reader soon, but I don't know much about each different one. I've read quite a bit about the Amazon Kindle and am impressed by it, but what do I not know about the other brands?

Thanks for your advice! :)
---
Krista

kc71595

Asked by kc71595 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Technology

• I just got the B&N Nook for Christmas. I didn't do much research beforehand, but now that I have been using it, I have been trying it out and reading about it like crazy! You can get e-books from many places (including the library). The Kindle you can only get books from Amazon. And our library downloads to everything except a kindle. So while the kindles are good, you are restricted with where you can get e-books from.
    When it comes to actually using it, I think most e-readers are the same.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 6:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow! I did not know that! Thanks so much for your help!

Do all e-readers have the ability to surf the web?
    kc71595

Comment by kc71595 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'm assuming yes, but all I know is the Nook's capabilities. Don't get too overly excited. 'Surfing' the web on an e-reader is very primitive. It's not like a laptop or anything. :)
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 11:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can also surf the web on a Kindle if you buy the 3G version but like ARmom says, don't get too excited about it because it's not the same as using a laptop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I've heard great things about the kindle.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 9:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I don't have one, but I was in Borders today and noticed they had about 4 or 5 e-readers on display, so you could check them out first-hand and see which would suit you. I imagine Barnes & Noble probably have some of the same, and some different e-readers too.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 10:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2010

• I have a kindle and I honestly cannot fault it!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 2:44 PM on Jan. 1, 2011

• Thank you so much, ladies! Good to know about the web capabilities/limits. ;) And I do like the idea of being able to "check" books out from the library. Gives me something to think about! Thanks again!
    kc71595

Comment by kc71595 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011