What do you do with your kids in the winter to burn off their energy???

My kids are getting cabin fever and I'm not sure what to do to help them with it. They play really well together but they are getting bored. I want some good ideas. My kids are 5 and 2

Proud_Mommy05

Asked by Proud_Mommy05 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've just given up and taken all the hard furniture out of the living room and just let then have at it - wrastle away
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• bundle them up and take them out side a couple of times a day for 30-40 min or so if it is bitterly cold them I try set something like playdoh or shaving cream plates up to play with for a while at the table.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• well we dont have any snow, so I took mine to the sk8 park today and he scooted around on his scooter. Do you have snow? if not pack a thermos of hot coco and head to the park! snow? build a snow man! inside you can make agility courses or "castles/forts" with sheets!

here is a link for Winter family fun http://familyfun.go.com/playtime/seasonal-games/winter-fun-games/

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well right now we have MUD cause it rained on top of all the snow we had and I hate going outside in the winter. It's too cold lol
    Proud_Mommy05

Comment by Proud_Mommy05 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sledding, ice skating, building snowmen, making snow angels. Snow sculptures. The opportunities are endless! Mud? Doesn't matter. My son still gets his outside time. Avoiding mud would mean keeping him in all spring.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have older children we like to workout. So we go to the gym a lot.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010