Thinking about getting a job, going back to school.. what do I do with my little ones?

At this moment I am sitting at the crossroads between being a working mom or SAHM .. I am currently a SAHM and I have two little girls ages 2 and 1 years old. My DH works 4 days in a another state and comes home for 4 days. I want to go back to work so I can pay for my school fees and attend the fall semester that is approaching. I have never been away from my girls since the days they were born. My parents have spent 2 hrs with them every other week and my youngest child will start crying for milk (breastfed only).

I am considering daycare and was wondering how do working moms deal with leaving their child(ren) with daycare facilities? I also feel selfish that I would want to work just so i can go back to school.. what do you think? Also how can i get my 1 yr old to be weaned and away from me while i am at work? I really hate to go to work and get a phone call to come pick up my daughter cuz she is crying and wont stop! Please Help! thank you!

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• My child stays in an in home environment. She stay with a lady who keeps one other child plus her own. she is well loved, I have control over her schedule(she doesn't have to fit the daycare's mold) and I pay a lot less than a regular day care..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Have you thought about hiring an au pair? It worked amazingly for us when I had 3 toddlers and I think it is your best option since having an au pair means your kids won't have to go to daycare, they will be home so there won't be too much change!
    If you need info on how to find an au pair, you can message me. I have had au pairs for 17 years!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Is there anyone you trust to look after your baby? Like inlaws sister etc? maybe you can ask one of them to help you out.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• All my inlaws live in another state.. My dad said he can watch them but my girls are a handful and i dont want to stress him out!
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There is alsot he option of mothers morning out and having your dad pick them up from that. Then it's like a 1/2 day with him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010