Are they crazy?

Or is it just me? My friend is 16 and 23 w and 2d preggo! Her bf is 16 also niether one have a job they are getting help from there parents! Well anyways they are already talking about having another baby like 2-3 mos after this one is born! Dont get me wrong im 17 and 34w preggo, but im not talking about having another so soon when its my parents going to be paying for most of the things! Anyone else think they're locos? lol!

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I think they're kind of insane to be wanting to have two babies at 16. I mean, if you get pregnant and are willing to stick up for yourself and get a job and support your baby, then sure, have your baby and be happy. But if neither the father or her has a job, that's just plain irresponsible. What are they going to do when they're 18 and their parents kick them out and they have two babies to take care of?

Gahhh. Maybe she'll think twice once she experiences labor. I'm 20 and I know I'm going to wait a few years before I have another one.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yeah, I'm a mature first time Mom of a 7month old and even though I want 3 kids (give or take a few?) I want to wait ATLEAST a year or two, probably more! It's healthier for the child to wait a few years! not to mention healthier for Momma's body too!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 4:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Well your both young to be having babies,but Im not in a bashingmood yes that is crazy,wait til those labor pains kick in then she might change her mind and want to cut off his manhood,lol
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Also, if she exclusively breastfeeds, her cycle may not come back for 3 or 4 months so it may take longer for her to be able to have a baby again!
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 4:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I think it's very crazy but good luck to them kids are not easy and I feel real bad for their parents.
    Anonymous

• She's acting silly!!! I can understand though. You feel so warm and fuzzy when you're in that stage of pregnancy and she's just dreaming. She will change her mind when she's dealing with a hungry, screaming newborn.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Did she intentionally get pregnant the first time? I don't think people should have children until they can financially, emotionally, and physically support them on their own. NOW...I understand that these little blessings sometimes come unplanned and you can't always do that, but to intentionally enter into this situation? I think it's bad for everyone involved.

This is not meant to sound judgemental towards you, you seem to want to be a parent, not let your parents raise your kid! Her, on the other hand...arg. Get out of high school at least, sheesh!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Wow are women starting young having kids; I was 32 when I had my son. I'm just now at 37 trying to get pregnant again! Tell them to wait and have enjoy the teenage years as much as they can; although they have a kid already so I don't know how much living they are gonna do right now.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I had my daughter at 18 and I wanted a second one by the time she was 5 she is now 2 I kept my cousins kids over the weekend and I dont want anymore at all but cuz my SO has non I am planning to have one more I just think when they are so close together its hard to give them individualized attention that they need.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• im 19 and have #3 on the way i had my right after i turned 17 and my second right before i turned 19. I'm not living with my parents my SO is 27 and he works and i stay home. When the bay comes and everyone stops helping them and they see how hard it is they will change their mind. They might even change their mind about the baby they already have.
    Anonymous