anyone here married to someone in law enforcement? my husband has been a cop ever since ive known him.. thats actually how we met, he pulled my best friend over and i was in the car.

kind of funny, but its the truth. i live in a small town, and after he pulled us over, i saw him out everywhere.

hes worked w/ a new department for the last few years, and its much more action filled/dangerous than the small town he started out in.

he doesnt tell me anything! absolutely nothing. he was in a chase the other day, and ran off the road in the snow, and i found out via NEWS. just watching the news the next morning, and theres my husband hanging out in his car.

when he has dead bodies, i hear him talking about stories from the past w/ his cop friends.. i didnt even know how many dead bodies he's been called to.

he doesnt tell me anything about work from the small things to the big things. i tell him everything.. so it kinda upsets me. i told him i wish he'd tell me stuff, and hes started to share a few more stories w/ me.. but never gives me the full out details.. i guess its just his way of dealing with it.

how do you police wives deal w/ your hubby being so secretive with his work???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am not a police wife but my uncle is a cop. He doesn't tell my aunt anything or the details because he doesn't want to scare her and have her worry every day when he is gone. Your a stong woman being married to a cop though, its not an easy life.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had a police officer ask me out once, but my Mom got in the way. He was very nice though.
    But I don't think they are suppose to tell their family anything.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 6:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If you want to hear more about his job, tell him. There could be many reasons why he's not telling you these things.
    I am always curious about the crime in my neighborhood so take advantage of the juicy details.
    Caitlin1989

Answer by Caitlin1989 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Officers can not tell spouse of there work it is a code they must follow.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We agreed a long time ago that we would each not bring our work home with us. He has to see so much negative in his job that he and I don't want him to relive it when he gets home.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I am very aware there is no code against officers telling their wives things. The news does, why couldnt they? lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010