What's with the new push for the conservatives to want draconian liberalist methods put into use?

Micromanaging unemployment, on demand blood work for any motorist pulled over, laws based on religion (think sharia) rather than laws based on self-reliance and allowing people to use their own mind and make their own judgment.

Who are these people taking over the right, and how do we send them back to the left so we can have the fiscal conservatives in charge again instead of the social reformists?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess every group has its fringe elements. The liberals have the progressives who that didn't see would be as extreme as they are. The conservatives have the 'far right'. It is up to the base to make sure they stay far right or we will be in the exact same position the liberals are in now which is wondering exactly what just happened.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• LOL..um...

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This is why I'm a libertarian. I can't stand the freedom-hating of the right wing and the freedom-hating of the left wing.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• That's why THIS conservative is a libertarian
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 6:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because for many people Conservative=Christian.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• How about we purge the Republican Party of closeted social Leftists who would like to be fiscally responsible, but don't quite know how to go about it??

That would make me happy
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Moderation is key, IMO- The "my party only folks" leave me scratching my head. Brainwashing at its finest. Easier than having a thought on the issue, doing the research and formulating an independent opinion.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Gotta love them NeoCons.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Not new! Moral Majority ring a bell?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't see a push in society today for any such thing.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010