What do you do when you and DH disagree about a parenting issue?

Especially in public or in front of your kid? My parents never disagreed in front of us so I'm not sure how to tackle the issue myself.

Lovesmybabies24

Asked by Lovesmybabies24 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• We compromise
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We compromise ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We discuss it where the kids can't hear us and compromise.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 6:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Kids need to know it is ok to disagree. And to hear you two fix the problem.

Answer by louise2 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hmmm...I only say something if I really feel that my husband is wrong and visa versa, otherwise, we just let it go. For instance, I remember one time Ireland was having a bad fit. My husband put her in her room and shut the door. I was furious at his reaction, let her out and just told her to settle down (I know this sounds a bit bizarre but there was a reason why I reacted this way but I don't remember why...lol). Or if I tell her "OK" and hubs just told her "no", he'll say something. I don't know, we don't have disagreements about philosophical issues, there will be just times where we have different reactions and solutions to issues. In fact, many times when my husband decides he'll be the one to handle a situation, I won't think it's the best way to handle it but it turns out really good.
    LOL, I feel like I haven't even answered your question. I do like louise2's response. If possible, talk about the differences.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010