ideas for crescent rolls...

ok...so I know you can make pigs in a blanket, and I've seen commercials with ham and cheese, but what have you made with crescent rolls??? We're having a small get together Friday night for New Years and I'm trying to think of easy snacks to make...

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 7:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• A few nights ago, I broke a Hershey's bar into the little bars and rolled it up in the crescent dough. It was so good! I got the idea from the movie "It's Complicated".

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have rolled about 10 chocolate chips in a crescent roll, baked it and then drizzled some powder sugar, vanilla and milk icing over top. Everyone loved them.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• go to the pillsbury website - they've got tons of recipes for their crescents
    Anonymous

• I like cream cheese/chives
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• you can also do the pizza sauce and cheese
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My MIL makes a yummy sausage roll with them. She takes a lb of ground beef and a lb of sausage and fried them up. Drains the grease and adds a couple of green peppers diced and an onion. Then cooks for about 5 minutes. She lets it cool and then adds it into a food processor and blends it up with a lb of cheese, cheddar. Then she puts the mix into a couple of ziplock freezer bags. Cuts the end off of a bag and squeezes a bit of the mix onto the rolled out crescent dough, rolls up and bakes like normal.
    It take a bit of work, but the filling can be made ahead of time and is super tasty!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• One person suggested to me one time on here to squish them into muffin pan cups and fill them with like BBQ & meat sauce with cheese on top...You can also do that with eggs and different cheese or green onions mushrooms tomato (whatever you like in your eggs) ..like mini-quiches. Make little apple pie tarts...be creative. Pampered Chef girls always used those and made yummy treats...maybe they have recipes on their site?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've made pop-overs with well drained crushed pineapple, cherry pie filling or jelly/jam. You can also do a "pinwheel" type thing.... roll it flat lay ham and cheese out on the dough, roll it up, slice it and bake. Now I think I'm going to make that for the kids ;o) Thanks!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Crescent Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels... at this site: http://www.pillsbury.com/Products/Crescents
    There are tons of ideas on that site ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Have you ever had those cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon (.33% of a piece for each), skewered with a toothpick and liberally sprinkled with brown sugar-broil until bubbly- everyone likes these (meat eaters)?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010