Pregnant & hubby isn't taking to it to well.....

It was a total surprise to us, not sure why because I wasn't on BC but it wasn't in our plans. We have a 5 year girl. He came home today from a bad day at work and is acting all depressed. We haven't even told our daughter and I know that she will be so happy and we haven't told the grandparents and it is breaking my heart. I don't like feeling like this when I should be happy. Granted, I was very comfortable with the way my life was but I am trying to think positive and it is hard with him. I know work has to do with it but it is bringing me down! How do I cope? How can I get him to be happy about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think give him time. He did have a bad day at work. I mean come on you guys were having unprotected sex it was bound to happen.
    He may just be upset because of work and he may feel better tomorrow.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Give him a day or two. If he does not come around and is willing to talk about the issue. Go to him and force him to. It sound to me like he is treating the issue like it is your fault. That it is not.

Answer by louise2 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• if you guys wan't using birth control then you must know that was gonna happen, m so sorry ur hubby is not taking it well n you know what you can;t make him accept it.Give him some time n see if he comes around, Think about this, there are people who would love to have kids but are not so fortunate being bless with a child is a blessing god luck.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• we were TRYING to conceive our 3rd and when i found out my husband still acted weird for like 2 wks. I thought he was having second thoughts TOO LATE ya know, but it was just anxiety of life changing and the reality of it that made him act weird. He will get over it once the shock wears off i bet hun
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Give him a little bit of time. He is probably stressed and a little freaked out about how this new baby will fit into your lives. Just give him some time. Talk to him about it as much as he'll allow and just let him ease into the idea. He'll come around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Give him a little space and time to sink, he'll come around.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2011