How do I love a second one the way I love the first?

I love her so much that I just can't imagine loving another one like I do her! And I feel like she is going to be put on the back burner and that breaks my heart because she has been our world for 5 years!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dont feel that way you will manage.. at times you will show more attention to one than the other but then it will be vise versa just love them to the max and make sure you dont play fav.
    momof241988

Answer by momof241988 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No such thing will happen hun, you will love the second one just as much as the first, you will see.....

Answer by older at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Trust me you have enough love for both! I felt the same way too except ours are only 18months apart. I felt horrible having another and not letting our first child be the only child for a while but once she was born. I saw how much our son loved her and having her and I wouldn't know how to go back to having one child. There is always enough love for both.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• it will just come to you. hard to imagine now but when you have your new one, you'll love them both just as much.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You won't love your kids exactly the same, because they're two different people. You will love them both equally, because love (esp. parental love) has the amazing ability to expand when new members are added, instead of being divided.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• She will not be put on the back burner! You are too aware of the situation that this will not happen. Plus, I don't know how much love a person can have for how many people or children but mom's seem to have a never ending flow of love! :-)
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Love MULTIPLIES it doesn't divide. You are going to have more love than you know what to do with!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I felt the same when I was pregnant with my second, third, fourth and fifth lol. Its amazing though you can and will love them the same, yet differently, because they will be different kids.

Answer by gemgem at 7:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i thought the same thing, i loved my son so much i didn't think i could have the capasity to love 2 ppl that much BUT when my second son came it was the same.....i love them the same and it is possible. I am now having my 3rd and i already love her/him as much! There is no capasity for love <3
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I thought the exact same thing and I know that a lot of parents do. However, when that second child comes into your life you don't think about how much you love them .. you just do. It's not a conscience choice that you make about whether to love them or not. You see them and it's the same instant reaction that you had with your first.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010