Husband has secret child

If you found out one day that your husband had a secret child how would you feel?
You found out by looking at his pay check stubs and they were taking child support out of it. How would you confront him? Would you work it out? Or just leave?

I would be packing his shit and throwing it on the lawn.

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Since we have been married for 25 years, and my husband had a vasectomy 19 years ago. I would freak the **f** out if I found out my husband had a secret child somewhere.. That would be far too many years of lying and hiding for me to swallow. I would most likely divorce. Not because of the child, but because of that many years of lies and hiding a child. That, I could not live with.

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i would feel like an idiot for not butting in his business sooner

Answer by shay1130 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would leave. Does not matter how long ago it was.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• that happened to my BIL, he had no idea that he had a daughter though. the mom got strapped for money 15yrs later and filed for child support from him...he was completely shocked. so he's now paying child support for a 15yr old and met her like, once.

Answer by armywife43 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine does but they don't take $$ out. I knew about it - it happened b4 we were married but dating yet we were also dating other people too. In fact I also became pregnant from another man yet lost that pregnancy. We have no visitation with this child and do not even know where he lives. His mom was/is ?? married to another man who he has his last name.

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would be pissed. I dont know what I would do since thank God I am not in that position. However, I would think if the child was conceived while we were married or committed then he would be packing his own crap and going to live with his mommy. Been there done that with a cheating husband and I have no patience for BS.

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Well something kind of like this happened to my sister they only thing was he didn't know either and the child was conceived way before they got married and one day she meaning his kid popped up on the doorstep and said your my dad at first there were alot of tears but now there a big happy family..

Answer by mari2120 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It would explain our whole relationship

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I would leave. The lies are abd enough but to have a child I did not know about would mean he was not spending time with it or taking very good care of his kid. I could not deal with that.

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I'd just confront him about it and ask why he wasnt in this childs life, why he lied, if he wanted to be in the kids life and if it happened while we were married and i'd go from there... I dont believe in divorce really so I dont think this is grounds for one. It would take alot of work to figure out where we go from there and then we would.

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010