The concept of love

What does love mean to you? how do you love someone? i mean, not for what they do for you, but like, how do you love someone for just being them? examples would be nice. i can't figure it out, like i can't grasp the concept for some reason. i love my kids unconditionally, but i can't explain why...and when someone asks me why i love my DH, the first thing that comes to me is mainly things he's done or does for me. like he makes me laugh, he's a great dad, ect. hope i'm making sense...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Love means not having the feeling of walking on egg shells and having someone hammer on you all day and someone who does stuff because they want to.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Love is talking without having to say a word.
    It means to be true
    Love means wanting to grow old with someone and share life's journey
    Love is enjoying simple pleasures
    Love is looking together in the same direction and following a dream
    Love in it's many connotations is the flower of life......

Answer by older at 7:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Love is a simple emotion that for some reason has been blown completely out of proportion. It's nothing more than an emotion. It can come and go. You can feel it without anyone knowing. All this crap about showing it or proving it is just crap. It's all crap. Love=emotion. Nothing more.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 7:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• tommy, that emotion makes the world go round..................

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• love is a connection with someone that cannot be put into words. its when someone is able to make you happy just by being in their presence. its when someone makes you feel like you're a better person, more whole, because they are in your life....honestly, if you have to ask for a definition then you havent felt it. i was married for 5 1/2 yrs and never felt it...then i moved on and i understand love now.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• To me love is a commitment, I am committed to being the best I can for my husband and son, I am committed to being honest and truthful to my husband and son.......My commitment to them is never ending. I dont think love is a feeling at all, I really think it is a commitment.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Voni, i agree love is a commitment, but i also believe there is a feeling...like those days i just look at my husband and kids and i can feel the love...i can't describe it though...i just want to hold them forever and ever...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It's unconditional.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010