Is it normal to have extreme pain in your pubic area during pregnancy?

the pain started like 2 weeks ago, until today it really didnt bother me. What could be causing the pain. I had to chase after my dog today and after that I can hardly walk or stand.

Rileysmommy22

Asked by Rileysmommy22 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a lot of pain in the pelvic area when I would stand or walk too much because the baby was so low she put so much pressure it hurt.
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• pubic bone/lower pelvic region? I do its the type of cramping i get in the very early weeks. I think its the stretching, making room for baby. Not sure though just my guess.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I dont have a "good answer" but i had the same thing my 2nd time around and the dr told me i was fine..he was right lol
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 7:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• The pain to me feels like its the bone that hurts. It almost feels like someone kicked me as hard as they could down there. Im having a c-section next week, but i dont think I can make it that long. the pain is killing me! Should i go to the emergency room tomorrow if the pain is still this bad?
    Rileysmommy22

Comment by Rileysmommy22 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I also had A LOT of pain. To the point I could barely move, they said it was a combination of ligament pain-where the nevers rub together, the baby could have moved my bladder to a weird spot, and just that my pelvis wasn't very strong. It sucked but after I gave birth it was like none of it ever happened.
    coreym

Answer by coreym at 7:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sounds like Round Ligament pain to me I had it in the last few weeks of my last pregnancy and been waiting for it to happen again this time! Look it up and see if thats what it sounds like to you as long as your not bleeding you should be good!
    mkrhodes84

Answer by mkrhodes84 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sounds like pressure from the position of your baby. Hope you get some relief soon!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I was told it was your pubic bone starting to open up to prepare for your baby to come out. To me, it felt like someone hit my pubic bone w/ a bat! it feels bruised.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Could be the baby flipping into position.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had it will all my pregnancy. Twisting, standing up too fast, walking, all this hurts. What it is, is the connective tissue loosening up so that your bones will move when baby comes. The best way to make it through this part of pregnancy is to not make sudden movements. No running (you could fall any way, I did right on my tummy at 7 months, it is scary), twist slowly, stand up slowly. Talk to your doctor if it is too bad.
    I have to say that this was the one thing I dreaded when I got pregnant because it hurts so bad. Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2010