my 4y old is having a surgical procedure/examination soon.. but broke out in hives yesterday..

she is having a rectal biopsy for ongoing issues.. it will require anesthetics... she broke out in hives, and the doctor said the hives may come and go for a few weeks.. she had benadryll and that didnt work so they gave her oral steroids...she is having the procedure Jan 6th.. so im wondering if that will effect it if I should reschedule?? shes also been stuffy & coughing.. but the doctor said she wasnt sick when we took her yesterday. I am going to call the surgeon, and ask their opinion.. but i am just curious tonight if it will be postponed or not..

anyone have any idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• call that section of the hospital and ask a nurse on call. They can give you better advice
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my daughter broke out in hives and it was a allergic reaction but the doctor said she was going to have hives so i would gave her tylenol and it went away and she was fine i would check with the doctor than go from there :) gl
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:44 AM on Dec. 30, 2010