Why do some mom's not support the system of bumping on CM? Do you??

I just saw someone posting this on a question asking for you to bump if you like something. They responded that they liked it but that they do not support the system of bumping on CM. I was wondering how many of you feel this way and why?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because for two years there were no bumps, vote ups, vote downs, or points here on the answers section. I am not saying that I don't like the change, but I sometimes will forget about the bumps and everything unless I see a question and think "wow, this is a great question".
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't mind bumping a question I think is good (or crazy for that matter) but I don't like being told to bump their question and rarely will I bump if they demand it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• support the system is too strong a description for me
    i am on here usually for fun
    to bump or not to bump... not something i think about
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think the questions to "Bump" as an answer are taking over the boards. I don't think they're a lagit question and shouldn't be allowed. They're taking over the real questions and it's annoying.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There is a designated section for bump-request type questions. If the question isn't in that section, don't expect people to be happy about it taking up space in a normal section.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Why bump? I'm not sure of the benefit of it. What's it all about?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When im up here its something to always do. I use the little scale, i call it and call it my homework when i have nothing else to do. So therefore for if it ask me to bump 10 today then i try to do that. Its all fun to me and sometimes you can really help people with these questions that maybe you want to answer but dont really know how. So I BUMP!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I usually forget that I can vote up or bump questions. I don't usually bump the bump if you like this questions, but I have bumped questions i DON'T know the asnwer to that I feel need an answer.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• They need a stickectomy?

Bumping is good to get questions and posts that need more visibility out there. Where it gets sticky is that people want the awards that with it in the answer section. Begging for bumps, like begging for credit should be posted only in the CFC section IMO.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:01 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I only bump a question if I think it deserves a response but I don't have an answer to give them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 30, 2010