Do you think it is okay for a teenage girl to have a boyfriend visit while she is babysitting?

We have a rule: No girlfriends or boyfriends at any house without a parent present. I know it's not going to stop anything but it might detour something!

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think it depends on the kids and how well you know them and trust them. You maybe able to get 2 babysitters for the price of one.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Nope. If she is babysitting, then she needs to be concentrating on the job, not flirting with her boyfriend.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No. I am paying her to care for my children, that last thing I want to two hormonal teenagers in my house with no parental supervision. I would never have been so bold as to have anyone over when I was babysitting. It's also a matter of respect.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• NO!!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No. She is there to babysit not entertain her boyfriend.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• NO she needs to do her job and not DO the boyfriend
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• NO WAY!! If I was leaving my kids with a teen, which I don't do, except I do leave my 9 yr old and 5 yr old with my 14 yr old for brief periods sometimes - anyhow if I were leaving my kids with a teen and they had a buddy over - I wouldn't be loving it. It wasn't ok when I was a teenaged baby sitter and it's not ok now.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, and if I caught her with one while she was supposed to be babysitting that would be the last time I would have her do it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope, babysitting is a JOB. She wouldn't have her boyfriend come and hang out at Mcdonalds while she was working.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No I have to say there shouldnt be anyone there but the babysitter and the kids,, not even friends of the person baby sitting unless other wise known by the parents way ahead of time!
    mkrhodes84

Answer by mkrhodes84 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2010