Why is it....

That people can have such faith and there are still people that don't believe in God?
I KNOW what I KNOW. There is no doubt in my mind, and the strong impressions that I feel strengthen that knowledge that there is a God, He loves His children and He has a plan for ALL of us.
I want everyone to feel what I feel and to know what I know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because each person follows their own spiritual path. What you feel is what you feel. No one else feels the same way. Not one single person. Be happy with what you feel and believe and lets others do the same.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because there are million of people on the planet, all of whom are just as sure as you that they know what they know and that what they know is truth. I'm very glad that what you have found enriches your life and makes you happy and gives you peace. I feel the exact same way about my beliefs, and know others with beliefs other than mine that feel the exact same way.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When I look at all the facts (not feelings) and proof, there is no way I can believe in him. How can you not believe in all the other gods out there? I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same way about their god.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This wasn't mean to be a debate, or a defensive type post targgetting anyone.
    -balagan imma.....I'm not here to convert, to bash, to even preach. I actually love to learn about ALL religions, and beliefs. Even how people that don't believe in God live, and what drives them....just the same as someone that does believe in God. I would hope that I do have the right to ask a question with the intention of simply understanding and not "keep it to myself".
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, Amber, you may have a SIMILAR feeling, but you do not and cannot have the exact feeling because you are not her. Her walk with God is just that, HERS. Yours is yours and yours ALONE

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I can't understand why you need a god.  I can't understand why you can't get through life on your own.  I can't understand why you can't be happy without one.  I can't understand why you choose to live in servitude.  I can't understand why you need to shove it down our throats.  

Your joy isn't my joy! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• "I want everyone to feel what I feel and to know what I know."

What you want and what is reality, are two different things. I don't believe in your God. I don't believe in any "God". I don't wish for you to "know" what I know b/c that would be impossible. We each walk our own spiritual path. Even those among the same belief as you have their very own faith and their own relationship with their idea of your God. You may believe in the same christian God...but your relationship with that god is ALL your own. Why people don't cherish that very personal spiritual path more instead of always trying to "get others to believe", I just don't understand.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Even how people that don't believe in God live, and what drives them

Think about everything that drives you. It's pretty much teh same except fdor the God part. What I don't understand is people who's only drive is God and without that they wouldn't know how to function in society. In fact it scares me. Not just for other people but for their health and well being as well. It is a sad being who can only find one reason worth living and call it "god". Frankly I have found millions and they encompass everything around me no god needed.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• OP, Have you never considered that a lot of people DO believe in God? They just believe differently than you. They see God differently than you. They identify with God differently and in different aspects. Some, such as myself, not only believe in God, but also Goddess. Some cultures out there who basically are still primitive aboriginals interact with God in the only way they know. That basically goes for pretty much everyone who seeks to have a relationship with the Divine.

And in the same turn, God doesn't expect us to have a relationship with Him in the way HE wants it. Believe it or not, He's not that demanding. He just wants us to love Him. That's it. And He made us to be very different. So different people aren't all going to be able to identify with Him the same way. So He's reached them throughout the ages in the way that they could best understand.

I hope that makes sense.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Because there are 7 billion people on this planet with many, many different cultures and religions. Some of them have just one G-d and some have many, some have none.

Personally, I believe that people need to live and let live.

Glad you are happy in your belief and faith. Please keep it to yourself, I have no interest in "knowing what you know" just as I would guess that you don't want to know about my faith and beliefs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010