Have you ever accused one of your kids of doing something to only find out you actually did it?

What was it?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, but not for something i did. i had a baby a month ago and when i wash her bottle and nipples i put them on a towel on the counter. well, everytime i would go to get one, the nipple tops would be gone. for a week i was yelling at my son for taking them to play with them. then one night i was out sitting on the couch with the baby, and my one cat got on the counter and stole the nipple just to bat it around the floor!!!! and then she dragged it into my sons room, thats why i thought he was taking them!
    so the next day the cat did it again and my son saw it, and he looked at me and yelled "see? i told you it wasn't me!" lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 7:53 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Yes, this has happened to me a few times. Stupid stuff really, things like accusing them of taking all the pens and pencils out of the drawers, or moving something around the house. I felt really bad and told them I was sorry (but that they still shouldn't take Mommy's pencils anyway even if it was really me THIS time, lol).
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh yes I have done that a few times-- and over stupid non-important things like 'hiding' the tv remote (when I forgot I put it in a different spot). When I realize that it was ME and not them then I do tell them that I am only human and make mistakes (just like they do) and that I was sorry that I blamed them for something I did.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes. And it's usually involving my cell, a hair brush or the remote control! I tell them they have to find it and then I find it in a place they couldn't have left it! lol But I always apologize when it happens!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• tsk tskYes... Shame on me. I've done it a few times

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• All the time.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:46 AM on Dec. 30, 2010